Pursuant to NDMA Act 2010, the Board of Provincial Disaster Management Authority was constituted in 2014 and re-constituted in 2016 with following composition and Terms of Reference.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
- Formulate the provincial disaster management policy obtaining the approval of the provincial commission.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the National Policy, National Plan, and Provincial Plan.
- Examine the vulnerability of different parts of the province to different disasters and specify prevention or mitigation measures.
- Lay down guidelines to be followed for the preparation of disaster management plans by the Provincial Departments and District Authorities.
- Evaluate preparedness at all governmental and non-governmental levels to respond to disaster and enhance preparedness.
- Coordinate response in the event of disaster.
- Give directions to any Provincial department or authority regarding actions to be taken in response to disaster.
- Promote general education, awareness, and community training in this regard.
- Provide necessary technical assistance or give advice to district authorities and local authorities for carrying out their function effectively.
- Advise the provincial government regarding all financial matters in relation to disaster management.
- Examine the construction in the area and if it is of the opinion that the standards laid down have not been followed it may direct the same to secure the compliance of such standards.
- Ensure that communication systems are in order and disaster management drills are being carried out regularly; and,
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by National or Provincial Authority.